Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packaging Up Your Watch For A Safe Journey....

Well said Bobby, I actually received a watch that moved around inside its wooden DB treasure chest box on shipping allowing the one application of bubble wrap on the watch to wear through and left some nasty marks not he clasp, once the extra links were free from the cling wrap he put them in opened up well I don't even want to tell you what took place after that. The statement of over protecting is so true and really so cheap. As Mike Holmes would say, "make it Right"
    Thanks for this great write ups Sir.

What is up with this seems to happen all to often then guys are upset when the watch comes damaged and can't understand how that happened, wasn't like that when it left my house.

I completely agree with Bobby, and have been fortunate that most on-line purchases, whether watches or other items, have been well packaged by the sender.

Recently, though, my wife received a watch from a brick-and-mortar shop in BC. They shipped via FedEx, no signature required, no insurance. The green watch box was placed into an envelope - no bubble wrap, no styrofoam peanuts, no outer cardboard box. Despite being home and hearing the Fedex truck arrive, by the time I opened the front door he was leaving after placing the package in front of the door ie he didn't bother to ring the doorbell. One word - unsatisfactory!

Also member of Winnipeg Watch Enthusiasts
    Just flashed back to getting a vintage Omega in an envelope and tissue (not paper...Kleenex) from Manila....oh how I have grown

I just dont get why people cheap out on $1 worth of bubble wrap. Great post that hopefully at least one person takes to heart.

I tend to over do it with bubble wrap and foam.
    Plus I totally encase the box in about 4 layers of packing tape.

The longer it takes to unbox means the better it was packaged.

Cheers....Brian