Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is the Edit function disabled?

Totally agree DMAC. Would be nice.
    Cheers....Brian

I do not like edits allowed in for sale forums. When someone lists an item, the description should remain unchanged, especially to avoid conflicts of “not as described“ where the seller could have the option of changing his description after a sale.

If there is a material error in a listing, it should be closed and relisted to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by canwatchco; 12-10-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemcc View Post
    I do not like edits allowed in for sale forums. When someone lists an item, the description should remain unchanged, especially to avoid conflicts of “not as described“ where the seller could have the option of changing his description after a sale.

If there is a material error in a listing, it should be closed and resisted to avoid confusion.
    Resisted? Oh, you couldn't edit that, sorry.
    If I saved all of the money I spent on watches I'd probably buy a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemcc View Post

If there is a material error in a listing, it should be closed and relisted to avoid confusion.
    Could not disagree with you more.

I started a thread on this very topic and some ppl got their feelings hurt over it. Being able to edit your own content, including sales ad, is basic forum stuff.

Having the option of changing your own prefix from WTS, to SOLD, or other is essential. It allows moderators to then quickly glance at today's content and move the threads into a temporary recycle bin.

Alternatively - and at a VERY minimum - being able to amend your thread title to SOLD is IMO mandatory.

I know it's easy because I'm a mod on one of the Canadian firearm forum and if the Admin logs into the control page, its a few clicks of the mouse away.

Other than that, this forum is well organized and laid out. Best Canadian watch content for sure.

I think being able to edit our post for say up to 2 or even 8 hours after made that post is absolute necessary to ensure the info that was sent out to the wild was intended. Not sure why would one need to change the content after say a few weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only place it is good not to have it is in the "for sale" sections; other then that, I really prefer to have it.

My habitual habit of making covfefe mistakes and having my cellphone humiliate me with autocorrect isn't about to go away.
    it's never too late to be what you might have been.

Even in the classifieds I think it's fine. Or at lest the tittle to say "new price" or something. For example, if you change your price, you have to add a responce. If your price is in your title then your stuck with intially advertising that price. Or even in the original post. It could be several pages of price drops and bumps. At least if you can change the price in the initial post, then others don't have to read through pages of "bumps" and price changes.....
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci