Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stores with good used watch selections in Toronto

I'm looking for cheaper vintage watches under $600 CAD. Do Van Rikj and Watch Finder carry these? I'm looking for Seiko Chronos from the 70s like Pogues etc.

I've never seen any Seikos at Watch Finder. I don't think they will deal with them.

I don't think you'll find stuff in that price range at either of those places. Derek Dier @ watchestobuy.com is in London and specializes in vintage watches. I've never bought from him, but he has a strong reputation. He has a Seiko Pogue for US$695 right now.

Van Rijk is on crack.

Asking $9K for a 10 year old GMT that needs a service is a joke. I paid way less than that for a new one from my AD including taxes.

Their prices are out to lunch.

Email responses were immediate though and professional enough. But they don't even take credit cards. They must do their books with an abacus.

Quote Originally Posted by KDS777 View Post
    Van Rijk is on crack.

Asking $9K for a 10 year old GMT that needs a service is a joke. I paid way less than that for a new one from my AD including taxes.

Email responses were immediate though and professional enough. But they don't even take credit cards. They must do their books with an abacus.
    Van joke is the biggest scammer in Toronto

I've had good success with watch finder. Ask for John at Eglinton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KDS777 View Post
    Van Rijk is on crack.

They want $58,000 + taxes for a 2014 pre-owned Patek 5712/1A. Effin ridiculous. I wished Alec "good luck with your sale" on the phone in a sarcastic voice when he blurted out the price. I had to confirm I heard right and that he was talking about the SS model, not a RG one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie1010 View Post
    I'm looking for cheaper vintage watches under $600 CAD. Do Van Rikj and Watch Finder carry these? I'm looking for Seiko Chronos from the 70s like Pogues etc.
    You could try the St. Lawrence Market on Sunday mornings.

Watchfinder on eglinton talk to John great guy. But I think his store is closed right now apparently there was a break in not too long ago.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tng11
    They want $58,000 + taxes for a 2014 pre-owned Patek 5712/1A. Effin ridiculous.
    I just did a quick look up on Chrono24 and they have white gold ones for $37K USD "asking"..........