Thread: Some Minor Changes Need to Occur...

Administrator

Some Minor Changes Need to Occur...

First off, about 30-40 members may notice that their custom profile picture or avatars were removed. This was because the overall size of these images was using far too much storage date on the site. You may repost them, but please use a MUCH smaller size.

Secondly, quite a while ago I increased the size of attachments to make them more presentable. I had not really understood the storage impact that this would have on server storage. For the last few months I have been culling older photos to keep the file size down.

While the site size is manageable now, it is still growing rapidly from all manner of content. I am therefore asking that those who are using attachments for their sales ads switch to using a photo hosting site like photobucket. You can then use larger and more presentable photos that take up zero space in the database. I am asking people to do so voluntarily. It may become mandatory... the other option for a growing site like ours is to scale up to a MUCH more expensive and labor intensive type of hosting.

I am hoping that people will understand and use hosting... Please use only sites that do NOT insert ads along with the photos as I will delete them when I see them. Photobucket is free and easy enough to use .

Cheers,

Bobby
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
    Albert Einstein

Just curious does using Tapatalk for photos also affect the server storage?
    “Time is the moving image of eternity.”— Plato

Is there a better photo sharing site than photo bucket? It's terrible. Half the time it's impossible to upload photos because of all of the pop up ads and it timing out. The last time I used it it took me an hour to upload four pictures to share on another site.
    Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
    Rolex GMT "fat lady" 16760
    Tudor RCN Milsub
    Tudor Black Bay "Black Rose" 79220N
    Omega Seamaster Calypso
    Omega seamaster cal 560
    ...and a few others.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by saskmh View Post
    Is there a better photo sharing site than photo bucket? It's terrible. Half the time it's impossible to upload photos because of all of the pop up ads and it timing out. The last time I used it it took me an hour to upload four pictures to share on another site.
    I must admit that while I use Photobucket I do not use the free service. So I guess I don't know if there have been any negative changes with it. I'm sure other members here will let us know of any other free hosting sites that exist.
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
    Albert Einstein

I've been using flickr for years and I've been happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmtl View Post
    Just curious does using Tapatalk for photos also affect the server storage?
    I use Tapatalk as well. Not sure if the photo is uploaded to CWC or kept on another server.

www.darchgroup.com
    If I saved all of the money I spent on watches I'd probably buy a watch.