Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega Constellation " Turler"

Should also mention I personally knew the collector who requested this extract from Omega. So, not faked.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindrain View Post
    Should also mention I personally knew the collector who requested this extract from Omega. So, not faked.
    Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting the extract was faked. Before 2010, the extract process was a bit different than it is now. Back then you could add a lot of information about the watch on the form that you submitted, and that information would be printed on the extract, even if it wasn't information that was actually in the archives. This lead to potential abuse and/or misleading extracts. Since the changes were made to that process you now just provide the serial and case number (I know I just got one last month), and anything that is not actually in the archives doesn't get listed on the extract.

My thought was that if the extract was dated from before 2010, someone could have written on the form that it had Turler on the dial and they would print that on the extract, even if it wasn't necessarily in the archives as a Turler watch, so I would take that claim with a huge grain of salt if it was dated before 2010. But it seems that is not a concern here since the extract is a fairly current one.

I'm not sure in this case it makes a big difference in the value of the watch in the end - the fans of dials signed by retailers seems to be a bit of a smaller market to those who are indifferent or actually disliking them. But in the case of something more exotic like an "Ultraman" Speedmaster where the only difference is the orange chronograph seconds recorder hand, knowing when the extract is dated that shows this detail would make a huge difference in the acceptability of the watch as being a genuine Ultraman, so would have a large impact on value.

Cheers, Al

Thanks Al. Didn't know about the pre-2010 funny business.