Thread: Engineered for the Ocean. Just as happy at 35,000 feet! Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT

Engineered for the Ocean. Just as happy at 35,000 feet! Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT

This is the newest edition to my family! Of course I know it's a Rolex homage and of course there are those that dislike the idea. However, I purchased it for three reasons:

1.) Im an airline pilot and (despite what some people somehow still believe) we don't make a billion dollars a year so it will be a long, cold decade until I could even try for a GMT Master.

2.) I've always been on the fence about whether a Rolex actually suits me and this watch gives me the chance to see if I enjoy that type of watch (before I drop a cold $15k on one)

3) Steinhart makes one hell of a great product. The movement is stellar. The machining is crisp and robust. The design, while being an homage, is still unique to their own brand in very sleek, subtle ways. Their brand recognition is slowly growing, and esthetically it's a great looking watch.

AND, as if all that isn't enough, the Coke bezel just so happens to exactly match the colours of our newest livery/uniform here at Air Canada.

Very happy with the purchase and looking forward to years of wrist time!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That is a fantastic photo ! You should send that to Steinhart. They should use the photo in their promotional materials. The way the light hits the watch really celebrates how well the watch is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Studio66 View Post
    That is a fantastic photo ! You should send that to Steinhart. They should use the photo in their promotional materials. The way the light hits the watch really celebrates how well the watch is finished.
    Totally agree! In fact, I sent them an email this morning and attached the photo for just that reason. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Looks like a A320 :-)

What a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool

Steinhart makes great homage watches. Looks great on you. Enjoy! - Jonathan

Wow stunning photo! It gives me goosebumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shot ! I hope you find your grail watch. Who know's maybe its not going to be what you think.
    "I made a new years resolution to stop buying watches.

Then I bought a bunch of watches " - Time Captain