Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: IWC Mark XVIII Tribute XI: Finally Here

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulaf View Post
    Oh yes. I'm aware of the comments. Hodinkee is just one example. The article published on the watch when it came out generated tons of comments. I do agree on some of it. It does come down to personal preferences really. I, for one, am not a fan of Rolex, for example, but I can appreciate the fact that it makes great watches and has long history. As for IWC, what bugs me a bit is that it has become celebrity-obessed. All you see from IWC are photos of galas and stars wearing their watches. It's a bit too much sometimes. But darn, I love their watches though! Had the chance to visit IWC in Schaffhausen, last year and loved it!
    100% in agreement with you. I hope to be able to visit their HQ in Schaffhausen some day.
    IWC Mark XVIII Edition "Tribute to Mark XI"
    Tudor Pelagos LHD
    IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince
    Oris Divers Sixty-Five
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Hamilton Intra-Matic
    Seiko SKX007
    Victorinox Infantry Vintage Small Seconds
    Divas Vortex Professional
    Oris Divers Titan C

  2. #12
    Senior Member Loulaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gatineau
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenbamboo View Post
    100% in agreement with you. I hope to be able to visit their HQ in Schaffhausen some day.
    It was really interesting. IWC is in the old Schaffhausen, with cobblestone and typical Swiss-German buildings. The museum is not that big, but big enough to trace the history of IWC. They give you andiPad with headphones and you can listen while you admire the watches and other creations from IWC. In the other part of the building is the boutique! Bring your VISA ! ;-)

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    265
    Love that blunt hour hand! Congrats
    In life, anything worth doing is worth overdoing...
    Instagram: @ian_cognito

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    124
    I just put my order in! I read the reviews as well. But hodinkee is also very pro Rolex and comments are often critical of other brands and praise Rolex.

    The price on this is not cheap, but not insanely high compared to some other brands. It is also a limited edition of 1948 pieces, which isn't bad compared to LEs that have several thousand or are "numbered editions" It is a tribute, but has a revised size, date, brushed finish, in other words, it's own identity .

    Any wrist shots!?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Albe100
    instagram: @dial_watch

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    126



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IWC Mark XVIII Edition "Tribute to Mark XI"
    Tudor Pelagos LHD
    IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince
    Oris Divers Sixty-Five
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Hamilton Intra-Matic
    Seiko SKX007
    Victorinox Infantry Vintage Small Seconds
    Divas Vortex Professional
    Oris Divers Titan C

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    126
    And side by side comparison with the Mark XVIII LPP.

    On wrist, the Tributs wears smaller than the LPP.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IWC Mark XVIII Edition "Tribute to Mark XI"
    Tudor Pelagos LHD
    IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince
    Oris Divers Sixty-Five
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Hamilton Intra-Matic
    Seiko SKX007
    Victorinox Infantry Vintage Small Seconds
    Divas Vortex Professional
    Oris Divers Titan C

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    124
    The dial is so clean on the tribute!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Albe100
    instagram: @dial_watch

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    1,190
    Congrats I really dig the hands and markers on the Tribute. IWC is one of my fav brands too and it does get slammed a little especially because of the off the shelf albeit finished by IWC movements in their entry level watches when compared to the price. It boils down to taste though imho.....
    As long as it has a good movement why not buy them if you love the styling. The Pilot ADSE series has really caught my attention. Both the Mark XVIII and the 3777 chrono.

    Do you find that the Mark XVIII wears larger on leather/canvas?
    I tried on a black dial on bracelet at the Yorkdale boutique and it was just a little too small feeling. They didn't have any on leather at the time so I didn't get the opportunity to compare them.
    Love the size of the 3777 on leather though again when I was there last they only had the black dial. I speaking to rep on the phone the other day they said they have the ADSE models back in stock now.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by TBIRD View Post
    Congrats I really dig the hands and markers on the Tribute. IWC is one of my fav brands too and it does get slammed a little especially because of the off the shelf albeit finished by IWC movements in their entry level watches when compared to the price. It boils down to taste though imho.....
    As long as it has a good movement why not buy them if you love the styling. The Pilot ADSE series has really caught my attention. Both the Mark XVIII and the 3777 chrono.

    Do you find that the Mark XVIII wears larger on leather/canvas?
    I tried on a black dial on bracelet at the Yorkdale boutique and it was just a little too small feeling. They didn't have any on leather at the time so I didn't get the opportunity to compare them.
    Love the size of the 3777 on leather though again when I was there last they only had the black dial. I speaking to rep on the phone the other day they said they have the ADSE models back in stock now.
    Hard to say about bracelet vs leather/canvas as I've never tried the Mark on bracelet. That being said, though the case is 40mm, the lug-to-lug is 50mm so I do feel that it wears closer to my 42mm Speedy Pro. I did get a black leather strap with the Tribute and I actually like the Tribute better on the brown leather that came with my LPP. Attaching some additional pictures for your reference...

    Tribute on black leather:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot 2017-10-15 at 13.09.52.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	28957

    Tribute on brown leather (original one from LPP):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	28953

    LPP on brown leather:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9230.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	28954

    LPP on blue perlon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9407.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	28955

    LPP on green nato:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9855.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	28956
    IWC Mark XVIII Edition "Tribute to Mark XI"
    Tudor Pelagos LHD
    IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince
    Oris Divers Sixty-Five
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Hamilton Intra-Matic
    Seiko SKX007
    Victorinox Infantry Vintage Small Seconds
    Divas Vortex Professional
    Oris Divers Titan C

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenbamboo View Post
    Hard to say about bracelet vs leather/canvas as I've never tried the Mark on bracelet. That being said, though the case is 40mm, the lug-to-lug is 50mm so I do feel that it wears closer to my 42mm Speedy Pro. I did get a black leather strap with the Tribute and I actually like the Tribute better on the brown leather that came with my LPP. Attaching some additional pictures for your reference...

    Tribute on black leather:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot 2017-10-15 at 13.09.52.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	28957

    Tribute on brown leather (original one from LPP):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	28953

    LPP on brown leather:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9230.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	28954

    LPP on blue perlon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9407.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	28955

    LPP on green nato:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9855.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	28956
    It does appear to wear larger on leather. I was a little surprised how small it felt on bracelet. Probably because the bracelet just kinda blends into the watch.
    Excellent pics btw.. the Mark XVIII is very versatile that's for sure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •