Thread: Another one from Toronto.

Another one from Toronto.

Hello all. I'm happy to have found a Canadian watch forum! I've been collecting mostly vintage Soviet-era Vostoks for the past 7 years or so. It started with some internet research to find a duplicate of the Vostok I bought on the streets of Budapest in 1990 (then lost a year later,) and exploded into 30-something watches and a new interest in the history of the Soviet and American space programs - which of course entailed amassing a small library of space history books, a giant Lego Saturn V/Apollo rocket, and the obligatory Speedmaster Moonwatch.

I look forward to reading up on everyone's collections, addictions, afflictions and (Baselworld) predictions!

Quote Originally Posted by rothko View Post
    Hello all. I'm happy to have found a Canadian watch forum! I've been collecting mostly vintage Soviet-era Vostoks for the past 7 years or so. It started with some internet research to find a duplicate of the Vostok I bought on the streets of Budapest in 1990 (then lost a year later,) and exploded into 30-something watches and a new interest in the history of the Soviet and American space programs - which of course entailed amassing a small library of space history books, a giant Lego Saturn V/Apollo rocket, and the obligatory Speedmaster Moonwatch.

I look forward to reading up on everyone's collections, addictions, afflictions and (Baselworld) predictions!
    Welcome to the club. The only thing that stuck out for me in your intro is I dont see any mention of owning a Fortis Cosmonaut watch which we all know is the Soviet equivalent to the Moonwatch. I for the record have my eye on a Fortis Official Cosmonaut Chronograph but haven't found one for the right price. I am hoping a fire sale will happen since Fortis is recently in bankruptcy protection.

Anyhow you came to the right place to coexist with all the other watch nut jobs in Canada.
    Current Collection
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Omega Seamaster Professional 2531.80
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 6
    GShock Riseman GW9200-1

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome from Vancouver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk