Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Richmond Hill

Hello from Richmond Hill

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking CWC for a while hoping to learn things from the topics on the forum, so I thought I'd finally say hello! I've always wanted to start a watch collection, and I figure the best place to get an education on that is among friendly enthusiasts right here in Canada.

Currently, I am wearing a watch that I've had for almost ten years--a Seiko Premier Kinetic Perpetual that I received as a gift. I am looking to pick up a new (or used) Rolex in the coming year.

Cheers,
    Leo

Welcome Leo, I'm in Richmond Hill as well... no doubt you will find something that interests you here

Welcome to the forum. Any idea on what Rolex model your interested in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Leo. Welcome to the forum. My first watch I ever bought was a Seiko Premier Kinetic Perpetual. That thing is still ticking great since I bought it over 15 years ago.
    Former Richmond Hill resident myself. Still kind of miss it; except for the traffic on the 404.

Cheers.
    Collecting watches, one Grail at a time.

Welcome!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by EJackson View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Any idea on what Rolex model your interested in?
    Probably a Sport watch. I've always loved the look and timelessness of the Stainless Steel Submariner (I would need to get the Submariner Date as it's more practical for my day-to-day use), but since I have been looking more seriously into getting a Rolex, I've also spent some time considering the Explorer II, as well as the Sea Dweller and GMT Master II BLNR. There's no clear favourite and I have not yet been down to a shop to try them on yet, so I know that the look and feel on my wrist might sway the decision.

Good luck with the search. I just got my first Rolex this year I was kind of avoiding the brand just because I didnít want to get into them too early and then be blind to other brands.

I picked up an Explorer II I really enjoy it great reliability and build quality as expected. I think the sub is the most popular choice. It is a great looking piece. If you pick one up post some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

It's hard to go wrong with a steel Rolex. I think the polar Explorer II 16570 is a killer watch that the market doesn't really love right now. If that's one you're interested in, you could probably pick up a lightly used one for a good price.

Welcome Entity. Enjoy.
    6.5" left wrist

Welcome. I am also new and happy to be here. Eager to share and learn.