Thread: New Collector from Toronto

New Collector from Toronto

Hello CWC! I've been a member for around a month now, but posting for the first time now.

I'm new to watch collecting, but I've always had a fascination with watches. As a child, I received many Swatch watches as gifts which I absolutely loved. As I entered my teens, I remember getting a "Nike" watch which I was super crazy about for a while. When I graduated and got a job, I got myself a brand-new Swatch - had been in love with those as a child, so decided to get a new "grown-up" version for myself. Since then, I've had a few tough years with the illness and then eventual passing of my mother. Recently, I've decided to get back into watches! Did a bit of research and asking around, and picked up my first automatic watch - nothing fancy, but I just love it.

Anyway, just thought I would post here, and I hope to be able to get deeper into this world!

That first automatic sets you down a deep and troubled path dear man. You'll be up to 100 posts and 5 watches before you know it. Welcome to CWC and congrats on the first piece....once you get your first manual wind it's something special too. It's a morning ritual for me now

Quote Originally Posted by Bocian View Post
    That first automatic sets you down a deep and troubled path dear man. You'll be up to 100 posts and 5 watches before you know it. Welcome to CWC and congrats on the first piece....once you get your first manual wind it's something special too. It's a morning ritual for me now
    Yes I am in deep trouble to be sure! That first automatic watch definitely felt like it started something new in me.

Welcome!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Servicemotif. Sorry to read of your mom's passing.

Just be patient and read all the advice the other members have on various topics on this forum and WUS.

Engage!!!
    6.5" left wrist

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk