Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that escalated real fast...

Lightbulb Well that escalated real fast...

September 28, 2017 was the day I got approved to view the buy and sell forum.
    I'm 8 days away from being a member for three months and this is where I've brought my watch collection in three months!
    Given that none of these watches were in my possession three months ago except the Stuhrling, I'd say I went from 0-100 real quick.

One of these is not like the others... The Stuhrling was the first gift my girlfriend gave me some years ago, after some wear and tear, the crown pops out when I try to set the time so I can't really wear it anymore, but it will forever have a spot in my watch box.

Lets go left to right:

• Omega - Grey Side of the Moon 44.25mm
    • Omega - Aqua Terra Annual Calendar 38.5mm
    • Stuhrling - Skeleton Dial 45mm
    • Tudor - Prince Oysterdate Jumbo 38mm
    • Panerai - PAM161 44mm

If you couldn't tell from the photo, I'm definitely biased to straps over bracelets! It's also mind boggling how much bigger the Panerai wears compared to the GSOTM when they're 44mm and 44.25mm, respectively. It's all about that lug to lug distance.

I'll be the first to admit the Aqua Terra and Tudor are kind of redundant, but I love the annual calendar complication of the Omega and the age of the Tudor! The Omega is also stunning in person, photos never quite do the Aqua Terra line justice in my opinion.
    I think I got my grounds covered in terms of complications! Chronograph, annual calendar and GMT!

I got no plans on adding any additional watches for the foreseeable future and I think I've spoiled myself enough as it stands. With 4 watches, I think each will get a fair amount of wrist time.

Thanks for stopping by this thread!

Administrator
    I love the Riva strap on the 161!

I think I can safely say that you will soon discover the one in one out rule... everytime you think you have enough, something else will steal your heart. That is the moment you become both seller and buyer!

The word "redundant" gave it away...

Great collection!

Cheers.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Yeah! that happens

I found something similar, 0-9 in about a year, with a few flips in there, down to four. I also prefer strap. Every watch I have is on a strap, and my diver is on a nato.

Hope you enjoy!

I see a diver with a unidirectional bezel in your near future, my friend. And also a bigger watch box.

I'll just ignore the one you had previously from me, but let go.
    Collecting watches, one Grail at a time.

Ha great story...yeah it happens fast. Nice collection and. good luck with the no purchases in the foreseeable future thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by normistheman View Post
    I see a diver with a unidirectional bezel in your near future, my friend. And also a bigger watch box.

Ya'll need to have more faith in me. I can hold out til at least late 2018 before another new watch! ...probably.

...but You aren't wrong Norm, there's definitely space for a Sub or Yachtmaster in the future.
    That good old Black Bay Dark was the kickerstarter to this whole thing!

Nice collection and a very solid performance for only 3 months!

Congrats on all the new toys.

Beautiful collection and that Tudor is out of this world. Just breathtaking! Wear them in good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by canwatchco View Post
    I love the Riva strap on the 161!

I think I can safely say that you will soon discover the one in one out rule... everytime you think you have enough, something else will steal your heart. That is the moment you become both seller and buyer!

The word "redundant" gave it away...

Great collection!

Cheers.
    I wore the Tudor and Omega Aqua Terra Annual Calendar to attend some Christmas dinners and I decided I would've preferred to have just worn the Tudor on those occasions.
    Something about its age, acrylic crystal, cyclops and the strap combination just makes me love it!

You called it, became a buyer and a seller for that 42mm Ocean Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by normistheman View Post

The AT Annual Calendar is no more and has been replaced with an 42mm Ocean Planet.
    I suppose the Rolex Sub or YM will have to wait as this is quite the well rounded collection!

State of the collection update!
    Got myself a bracelet model
    Will probably pick up an OEM rubber strap with deployant soon (PM me if you got one for sale!).

• Stuhrling - Skeleton Dial 45mm
    • Omega - Planet Ocean 600m 42mm
    • Tudor - Prince Oysterdate Jumbo 38mm
    • Omega - Grey Side of the Moon 44.25mm
    • Panerai - PAM161 44mm

I have to say the 42mm Planet Ocean and 44.25mm GSOTM wear a lot smaller than their dial size suggests. Particularly noticeable in their lug to lug distance in comparison with the 38.5mm Tudor!