Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: STOLEN Blancpain from my home.

****ing.

Thieves.

One of the lowest form of scum that uses the same oxygen as we do.

OP I hope things work out for you. If I can offer a bit of advise - if you can swing the cash for this type of watch, do seriously consider investing into a quality safe. Not a cheap $200 Costco unit, but a THEFT and FIRE rate safe, that you can put into an out-of-sight location in your home and bolt it down.

Do a quick search in your home town for specialized security stores and they'll set you up right.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckBen View Post
    ****ing.

Thieves.

One of the lowest form of scum that uses the same oxygen as we do.

OP I hope things work out for you. If I can offer a bit of advise - if you can swing the cash for this type of watch, do seriously consider investing into a quality safe. Not a cheap $200 Costco unit, but a THEFT and FIRE rate safe, that you can put into an out-of-sight location in your home and bolt it down.

Do a quick search in your home town for specialized security stores and they'll set you up right.
    This is great advice. I already have one in my basement, but I have been seriously thinking about getting a second one upstairs for convenience.

I know there are different approaches on the safe question but the idea of being held at gunpoint in the middle of the night is why I would never invest in such equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by floco View Post
    I know there are different approaches on the safe question but the idea of being held at gunpoint in the middle of the night is why I would never invest in such equipment.
    A few mitigating measures such as the following is a must to keep you, your family and property safe:

- a properly installed and set up security alarm AND monitoring system
    - a safe(s) located in your house that are not easily found
    - know who you let in your home (contractors, cable guy and such) and to what they have access too
    - don't show off your luxury items online with easily traceable point of identification for thieves
    - get licensed, trained and be proficient in the use of self-defense tools..yes, such as firearms. If your homestead situation doesn't permit or could easily injure a neighbor in their use, then move onto plan b, whatever it might be for you.

Believing that thieves will simply move on from your property with you and your family safe and untouched because you didn't have a safe that they forced you to open is a very dangerous assumption to make.

But in the end, we are all adults, each responsible for ourselves and our own decisions.

The odds are far greater that you will be burgled when you are not home or the target of an inside job such as a contractor or other service person. In your scenario however the best option at that point is to open the safe.

I have a safe that was initially purchased to store firearms but watches and other valuables are now kept inside too. Anyone buying a safe should contemplate buying one size larger than they think they need. It's surprising how your wife will find things that must be stored in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    The odds are far greater that you will be burgled when you are not home or the target of an inside job such as a contractor or other service person. In your scenario however the best option at that point is to open the safe.

I have a safe that was initially purchased to store firearms but watches and other valuables are now kept inside too. Anyone buying a safe should contemplate buying one size larger than they think they need. It's surprising how your wife will find things that must be stored in it.
    Tru dat !

No kidding. Heard of quite a few inside jobs that scare me away from ever getting a safe installed.

I prefer to keep my stuff stashed in a safe deposit box which is steps away from my office.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can recover it and the bastard that stole it can rot in hell.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
    No kidding. Heard of quite a few inside jobs that scare me away from ever getting a safe installed.

I prefer to keep my stuff stashed in a safe deposit box which is steps away from my office.
    A safe is a good option. I have a small decoy safe in my closet and then I have THE SAFE, which is hidden from obvious view.

But then I have most of my rotation watches on a winder in plain view.l lol.

Which ever room you chose at home, have that door locked in case of contractors or babysitter etc... no need for them to know what’s in there every!

A safe is a good option to have when traveling. Do not get people to install it. Get your hands dirty, buy one and bolt the hell out of it in the wall and in the floor.

Bank safe is the best option, but annoying if you rotate often like I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Rolex Day-Date 36 [18238]
    Rolex Datejust 41 [126334]
    Rolex Submariner Date [116610LV]
    Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
    Omega Seamaster Professional PO [2201.50 - 2500D]
    Omega Speedmaster Professional [311.30.42.30.01.005]
    Casio G-Shock Multi Band 6 [GW-5000-1JF]

Quote Originally Posted by Lhawli View Post
    A safe is a good option. I have a small decoy safe in my closet and then I have THE SAFE, which is hidden from obvious view.

But then I have most of my rotation watches on a winder in plain view.l lol.

Which ever room you chose at home, have that door locked in case of contractors or babysitter etc... no need for them to know what’s in there every!

A safe is a good option to have when traveling. Do not get people to install it. Get your hands dirty, buy one and bolt the hell out of it in the wall and in the floor.

Bank safe is the best option, but annoying if you rotate often like I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Haha. What I used to do was load up a decoy safe in a rather obvious location with bags and bags of worthless foreign coins and pennies. The real safe, concealed in an obscure location contained the good stuff.

The bank safe actually ends up being a pretty convenient option for me these days. The safe deposit vault is located right in my office tower and I can pop down there 8-5 during the work week to change out my pieces. The safe looks like one they would have used in Ocean's Eleven, so I'm pretty certain my pieces are safe there.