Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lame people wear Daytonas?...

Quote Originally Posted by tooty View Post
    Lame people wear a number of different watches and brands in general , Rolex is just the obvious choice to dump on because it is the most popular.
    For the record, I love Rolex products.
    www.watchpaper.com

Wind 'em. Wear 'em. WatchPaper.

This was good! He said “Rolex is un-****-with-able”

I agree that all sorts of different people with different personalities wear luxury watches. I also agree that owing to Rolex being the world's most successful marketer of watches (their watches are among my very favourites and also of unquestionably high quality) their biggest claim to fame is fame itself (brand recognition).

I bet that a lot of 'non watch enthusiasts' would look at someone who is making a scene and who is wearing some sort of really flashy expensive looking timepiece and comment "Look at that guy wearing a ROLEX". This observation is similar to how the same " regular Joe" might comment on seeing a movie wherein the actor brandishes an HK USP, Sig-Sauer P226, or Beretta 92F handgun and say "He was waving a GLOCK!"

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    (plenty of positive feedback)
    Impecunious timepiece aficionado
    "Perpetually addicted to Oysters"

Quote Originally Posted by VE3FXY View Post
    I agree that all sorts of different people with different personalities wear luxury watches. I also agree that owing to Rolex being the world's most successful marketer of watches (their watches are among my very favourites and also of unquestionably high quality) their biggest claim to fame is fame itself (brand recognition).

I bet that a lot of 'non watch enthusiasts' would look at someone who is making a scene and who is wearing some sort of really flashy expensive looking timepiece and comment "Look at that guy wearing a ROLEX". This observation is similar to how the same " regular Joe" might comment on seeing a movie wherein the actor brandishes an HK USP, Sig-Sauer P226, or Beretta 92F handgun and say "He was waving a GLOCK!"

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Reminds me of this guide:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7b6041ae-bd3b-4592-95af-749df6f617e2.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	32780

LOL are some of you really taking him seriously?
    He didnt want the obvious Rolex choice (Daytona) so he went with a pre-Daytona.
    Just happens that his thought process led to "Daytona = lame"... haha
    In life, anything worth doing is worth overdoing...
    Instagram: @ian_cognito
    Use IANCOGNITOCS10 for 10% off Clockwork Synergy straps!

What’s wrong with that? It’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it. Rolex is possibly one of the best brands ever. They make an excellent product that is top of its category. But some people avoid Rolex for it’s fame. Some think that you’re not really a watch enthusiast if you own a Rolex. Who cares? Axis is clearly not a watch enthusiast but at least he’s not as tacky and ignorant as Pras- that dude owns some of the finest watches but knows nothing about them or their horological significance.

Btw both FP Journe and Rogers Smith recommend Rolex- that is enough of an endorsement for me.

I just thought this video really speaks to some recent threads here on CWC including one started by yours truly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.watchpaper.com

Best part was when he said hes seen some 'lame' people wearing daytonas and than Ben Clymer said "thats true"

lmao

I don't like Daytona's because they wear small on my wrist, and every single wanker here in Calgary who makes his first deal and has some spare cash goes out and buys one. Kinda like the freshly minted Toronto investment bankers driving their entry level V8 Ferrari's.

Quote Originally Posted by KDS777 View Post
    I don't like Daytona's because they wear small on my wrist, and every single wanker here in Calgary who makes his first deal and has some spare cash goes out and buys one. Kinda like the freshly minted Toronto investment bankers driving their entry level V8 Ferrari's.
    Hahhaahh
    You have just hit on the whole “Rolex Guy” issue

Note, however

I have huge writs, 7 3/8”

I tried on a white dial ceramic Daytona that my friend bought
    I found it was WAY beyond perfect
    An absolute dream on my wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.watchpaper.com