Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You gotta love H.Moser....

Quote Originally Posted by armybuck041 View Post
    I love the GMT Bezel without the GMT complication. Classic.
    I didn’t even notice this! Too funny! I guess I was caught up counting the different companies they were “homaging” lol!

LOL. Sorry i just read the article and realized that it was supposed to be a homage to multiple watches. Funny stuff.

It gets better the more you look at it...

Aqua terra dial
    Breguet hands
    Cartier crown
    IWC logo

Note sure about the clasp and bracelet.

Basically a FU to everyone. The people at Moser either have a great sense of humour or are angry all the time.

As funny as this may be i lost respect for H. Moser. When a company wants to change the status quo, they should offer competitive products that bring something else to the table not act immaturely and create an eyesore. All the designs they are making fun of are classical designs that many watch enthusiasts love and respect. Its for this very reason that their respective companies still manufacture them.

Take Lange as an example (i'm a Lange fanboy), instead of poking fun at other watch manufactures it designed and created products that exemplifies traditional hand-made watchmaking with unparalleled finishing and quality at a much realistic cost. Lange innovates and continues to better itself and updates its movements not by tweaking but by building it anew from scratch! compare that to any of the Trinity and you'll see they recycle the same movement over and over again.

When H.Moser created their perpetual calendar, their minimalist approach was something fresh, unique and further improved high horology for everyone. i appreciated that. But now they are just being ridiculous.
    Instagram: Thewindingstem

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    It gets better the more you look at it...

Aqua terra dial
    Breguet hands
    Cartier crown
    IWC logo

Note sure about the clasp and bracelet.

Basically a FU to everyone. The people at Moser either have a great sense of humour or are angry all the time.

Its the PP Nautilus dial with Panerai numerals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjaber View Post
    Its the PP Nautilus dial with Panerai numerals.
    Thank you for the correction. I wasn't referring to the numerals.
    Moser would wet their pants to see us arguing over their little Frankenstein.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-Master-Chronometer-2017-8.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	32775

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    Thank you for the correction. I wasn't referring to the numerals.
    Moser would wet their pants to see us arguing over their little Frankenstein.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-Master-Chronometer-2017-8.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	32775

I would LOVE to smash that monstrosity into oblivion and end its suffering.

Oh god this is hilariousssss
    Breitling Navitimer 01
    Omega Seamaster 300mc
    Panerai 111
    Seiko Prospex Samurai Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Mjaber View Post
    As funny as this may be i lost respect for H. Moser. When a company wants to change the status quo, they should offer competitive products that bring something else to the table not act immaturely and create an eyesore. All the designs they are making fun of are classical designs that many watch enthusiasts love and respect. Its for this very reason that their respective companies still manufacture them.

Take Lange as an example (i'm a Lange fanboy), instead of poking fun at other watch manufactures it designed and created products that exemplifies traditional hand-made watchmaking with unparalleled finishing and quality at a much realistic cost. Lange innovates and continues to better itself and updates its movements not by tweaking but by building it anew from scratch! compare that to any of the Trinity and you'll see they recycle the same movement over and over again.

When H.Moser created their perpetual calendar, their minimalist approach was something fresh, unique and further improved high horology for everyone. i appreciated that. But now they are just being ridiculous.
    The good people at Moser might say that you are not a target customer, especially because you prefer German watches. Which you'll note have not been included in their satire (That I can see).

I see what Moser is trying to do here but I can't say I agree with it or think they are justified in skewering the entire industry for not being innovative or creative. Moser is a very small manufacture, they produce 1000 - 1500 watches a year. Their business model is built around being niche, being innovative, being creative, and that works for them. Rolex, Omega, Breitling are mass manufactures, they build a commoditized product, where vertical integration, supply chain optimization, manufacturing efficiency, product management, and marketing play a much bigger role in the success of the company than innovation and creativity. Innovation is expensive, which is why niche companies have to charge what they do for the products they sell. The motto of innovate or die isn't always true, innovation can be small incremental changes not sweeping in your face changes like Moser seems to want to see. They mention several times in history where the industry has shown tremendous resilience and innovation, they neglect to mention that these were times of crisis, when innovate or die really was the case. At this time in history the watch industry is in a harvest business cycle. The product has found a (relatively) stable market, the prices are maintaining a steady but sustained growth, the clientele is sufficiently happy with the product offerings. This is the time companies focus on selling, collecting profits and investing in resolving whatever they see as the next crisis.