Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You gotta love H.Moser....

Hilariously hideous. Although I thought their jab at Apple was smarter.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
    @GentlemanLemur on Instagram
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch
    Omega 70s Seamaster Tv Dial
    Tudor Black Bay Blue
    Seiko Cocktail SARB065
    Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms Mod
    Hamilton Khaki Officer Mechanical

The hublot screws is what get me !! Funny looking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmdl8 View Post

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this. So reminded me of the car Homer Simpson built.
    You are not too far off! Here's a 'behind-the-scenes' look at the design process:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa homers car.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	32781

Quote Originally Posted by rothko View Post
    You are not too far off! Here's a 'behind-the-scenes' look at the design process:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa homers car.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	32781
    Hahahah....classic! Thanks for that.

This is, in my view, a well deserved jab at the self-regurgitating Swiss industry. I hope this will be a wake up call to the watch buying public, but I'm prepared to be disappointed. One can only hope the message gets through...

Swiss Icons Watch is off the table..

here's the official statement from H.Moser & Cie CEO:

Dear H. Moser friends and others,

No one said #MakeSwissMadeGreatAgain would be easy...

You might have noticed that we have stopped our campaign promoting our Swiss Icons Watch.

While our objective was to pay tribute to the great founders of our beautiful industry and warn against certain practices of others, the message was unfortunately sometimes misunderstood.

As such, the Swiss Icons Watch will therefore no longer be presented and won’t be sold to raise funds to support education and training of young Swiss Watchmakers.

But fear not, we still have a number of surprises to share with you next week at SIHH.

Yours sincerely,
    Edouard Meylan
    CEO H. Moser & Cie.
    Instagram: Thewindingstem

^still a great marketing stunt. Full effect without having to make the darned thing...wouldn’t surprise me if this was their plan all along. Also wouldn’t surprise me if they received a host of cease and desist orders from all the IP holders. What are the chances Rolex just sat quietly as they were being mocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    ^still a great marketing stunt. Full effect without having to make the darned thing...wouldn’t surprise me if this was their plan all along. Also wouldn’t surprise me if they received a host of cease and desist orders from all the IP holders. What are the chances Rolex just sat quietly as they were being mocked?

They DID make that darned thing! Also, they haven’t received any cease and desist orders or any threats of legal action-yet.

Their stunt backfired and they retracted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjaber View Post
    They DID make that darned thing! Also, they haven’t received any cease and desist orders or any threats of legal action-yet.

Their stunt backfired and they retracted it.
    Sounds like you have an inside line to Moser (and access to their Corproate Counsel) – I do not. Also, sounds like your marketing experience differs from mine – always good to have varying perspectives!

Experience tells me that loyal Moser customers will view this in a positive light.

My read is that Moser's goals were to: reinforce their enfant terrible brand persona, shine a very public light on what they perceive to be issues within their industry, do it all through unpaid media.

Check, check, and check.

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    Sounds like you have an inside line to Moser (and access to their Corproate Counsel) – I do not. Also, sounds like your marketing experience differs from mine – always good to have varying perspectives!

Experience tells me that loyal Moser customers will view this in a positive light.

My read is that Moser's goals were to: reinforce their enfant terrible brand persona, shine a very public light on what they perceive to be issues within their industry, do it all through unpaid media.

Check, check, and check.
    I don’t have access to Moser’s legal counsel but I do have access to Hodinkee :

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/h-...ss-icons-watch

Regarding the impact of their stunt, our opinions differ and that’s ok! I just don’t think Moser has any horological weight or significance to make any change. Now if FP,Rogers Smith or Dufour make any criticism- and they do, a lot- the industry listens.