Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Porsche’s vs Newer Porsche’s

Quote Originally Posted by EP32k2 View Post
    Prior to purchasing my 997 GT3 I drove a 991 GTS. Interior was great but the car was just too boring and started looking at the previous generation and love the GT3. If I ever sell it, it's because I am upgrading to the 997 GT3 RS. New Porsches like the rest of the manufacturers have gotten too soft.
    Do you drive your GT car daily in the summer or its a Track use vehicle?
    I often wonder how ‘driveable’ the GT series actually is in day to day life.

The options list on the GTS cars are super attractive, with the exception of center lock wheels - that is the deal breaker for me.
    Track guys would love that.
    The day to day guys..... maybe not so much.....

Quote Originally Posted by von Gluber View Post
    Do you drive your GT car daily in the summer or its a Track use vehicle?
    I often wonder how ‘driveable’ the GT series actually is in day to day life.

The options list on the GTS cars are super attractive, with the exception of center lock wheels - that is the deal breaker for me.
    Track guys would love that.
    The day to day guys..... maybe not so much.....
    Not a daily driver unfortunately due to being a 2 seater. My daughter gets to spend more time in it than my wife lol. I've been on the track with my previous cars but I haven't with this one yet as I still need to pin the coolant hoses. As for centre locks, it's actually better not to have them as they are a maintenance item and the need for a special tool. Just like how guys that track a lot will not use PCCB due to cost.

As for drivability its a very firm ride even with the suspension on normal setting and the clutch is very heavy, but the driving dynamics are out of this world. My father has a 997 S and is completely different in every way. GTS is a good compromise for guys that want a GT3 but without the harshness and you get the widebody.

Wasn't aware that the GT3 needed coolant hose pinning. I have the Turbo and one of these days soon I'll probably have to drop the engine and get the coolant hoses pinned as well. Not to mention pinning the Camshafts too.
    Probably around $12K. Fun cars but no where near as reliable or cheap as a Civic...

Yup GT3 and turbo cars of this era have mezger engines, so we share the same pain when it comes to cooling. 911 turbo is a beast!

I've been quoted over $4k to pin.