Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite water resistant luxury chronograph?

Favorite water resistant luxury chronograph?

For daily wear I seem to prefer a water resistant chronograph. Something I can wash in the sink after a long day. I like steel and rubber straps. The chronograph is my favorite function. What is your favorite watch in this category? Price range is $3000-$30,000. Perhaps this thread will inspire a purchase.

I have been thinking about the Tudor black bay chrono as I have never owned one, have also never owned an omega planet ocean chrono ....on the high end of the scale I feel like the AP offshore 42 fits well but the 44 is just too big.

Any one have any suggestions? Thanks!

Josh

Just picked up an Omega Speedmaster 57 with the new coax movement, its good to 100m and seems plenty robust. Its a bit thick, but it wears well.

Quote Originally Posted by dre2600 View Post
    Just picked up an Omega Speedmaster ‘57 with the new coax movement, its good to 100m and seems plenty robust. Its a bit thick, but it wears well.
    Thanks. I thought it was a little thick too. But I almost bought one from a member last week. Great watch and a steal preowned...new they are way overpriced tho imo unless you get a steep discount.

Right now my Aquanaut is my daily wear but wanting to get the new Daytona white gold on oysterflex. Although it retails for more than $30k I'm sure i can get one discounted for well under $30k. This will become my daily wear.

Quote Originally Posted by zakattack62 View Post
    Right now my Aquanaut is my daily wear but wanting to get the new Daytona white gold on oysterflex. Although it retails for more than $30k I'm sure i can get one discounted for well under $30k. This will become my daily wear.
    It's a good looking watch. Great looking in fact. I like a date function for daily wear which is the only thing holding me back from a Daytona.

By default I was going to say Daytona, but not if you need a date. Wouldn't recommend a 42 ROO - the reliability issues with them as of late have been concerning and I don't like any of the current dials.

I would go for the Tudor BB Chrono. Good value for money piece that suits everyday wear.

Tudor Black Bay Chrono! Been wearing it all week vacationing in Costa Rica, ocean scuba diving, pool lounging, hot tub etc. Perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have list:

Rolex GMT Master II 116713LN
    Rolex Submariner 116613LB
    Rolex Yacht-Master 40 116621 - Incoming
    Rolex Submariner 116610LV
    Tudor Black Bay Chronograph M79350-0001

Want list:
    Rolex Submariner 116618LB
    Rolex GMT Master II 116719BLRO
    Panerai Radiomir 3 Days Acciaio PAM00721
    Zenith El Primero 42MM M2040

VC Overseas, previous edition. I believe you had few for sale Josh.
    Watches:

116613 LB

Quote Originally Posted by Craigdwh View Post
    Tudor Black Bay Chrono! Been wearing it all week vacationing in Costa Rica, ocean scuba diving, pool lounging, hot tub etc. Perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If your still considering selling when you get back shoot me a message.

I spy another VC overseas chrono I might go after soon too .

All great suggestions thanks guys.

What about the last generation IWC Aquatimer chrono (376702) or the galapagos island edition with the rubber strap? Ran into someone with one (376702) near my office the other day and I think have been quite smitten for a couple days now. It seems like a watch that can take quite a beating and then some.