Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: lets not mislead anyone

lets not mislead anyone

why the misleading on for sales forums

i will cut to the chase

WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER SERVICING OF THE WATCH

so no.....warranty reaming saves no one $$when it comes to servicing of the watch

hope that clears things up

I’ve had Rolex cover servicing of a watch under warranty.

I assume you are referring to a different warrant?
    Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
    Rolex GMT "fat lady" 16760
    Tudor RCN Milsub 94010
    Tudor Snowflake 7021
    Tudor Black Bay "Black Rose" 79220N
    Omega Seamaster Calypso
    Omega seamaster cal 560
    ...and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by saskmh View Post
    I’ve had Rolex cover servicing of a watch under warranty.

I assume you are referring to a different warrant?

You may have had an issue in which Rolex decided to service but Rolex does not cover routine servicing under warrany

go ahead. call rolex. tell them your watch is perfectly fine and want a free service under warranty.

I have multiple rolexes

I cant just take them into rolex for a free service because its under warranty

everyone knows this

I'm confused by this post.

Of course manufacturers don't service your watch under warranty for no good reason - but the warranty is precisely there to cover a service in case something goes wrong. I don't see where someone represented that warranty means a free service.

What kind of "routine service" does a "perfectly fine" watch need? Rolex service intervals are 10 years. The point of advertising watches with warranty remaining in FS threads is to let the buyer know that they are covered if they encounter a fault in the warranty period. If you buy a used car that is advertised as having warranty remaining, it can be reasonably interpreted that it means that if you experience problems, the dealer will fix it, not that you can just take your car in when there is nothing wrong with it and ask them to install a new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
    I'm confused by this post.

Of course manufacturers don't service your watch under warranty for no good reason - but the warranty is precisely there to cover a service in case something goes wrong. I don't see where someone represented that warranty means a free service.
    That is pretty much what I was going to say. If you have a problem with your watch under warranty it will be fixed for free unless they determine that you caused the problem by your own negligence. If it is a small issue and the watch is under warranty then they will not complete a full service. However, if it is a bigger issue (in the case of AP at least), they will provide a full service for free and present you with an additional 2 years warranty. Obviously there is the chance that you do not have any issues with your watch and in this case your warranty did nothing for you other than afford you some peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Rolex service intervals are 10 years.
    is this accurate? I read the memo that was sent out when they switched over to the 5 year warranty and they did mention 10 year service intervals but I don't think they meant that as the new recommended service interval. they worded it weird but i think they were just saying that based on their experience, people tend to bring watches in for service every 10 years, not that rolex is saying you should go 10 years between servicing. nowhere in the booklet does it mention 10 year service intervals too and the memo, whether weirdly worded or not, is not supposed to be public knowledge either. I think if you ask rolex, they typically recommend a service roughly every 5 years so i don't think it's their position that watches should go 10 years between servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by danktrees View Post
    is this accurate? I read the memo that was sent out when they switched over to the 5 year warranty and they did mention 10 year service intervals but I don't think they meant that as the new recommended service interval. they worded it weird but i think they were just saying that based on their experience, people tend to bring watches in for service every 10 years, not that rolex is saying you should go 10 years between servicing. nowhere in the booklet does it mention 10 year service intervals too and the memo, whether weirdly worded or not, is not supposed to be public knowledge either. I think if you ask rolex, they typically recommend a service roughly every 5 years so i don't think it's their position that watches should go 10 years between servicing.
    I still canít get a straight answer on this from ADs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also wanted to say that I think most people would agree with me that the amount of warranty remaining on a watch has a value in $$$ to the buyer. That value is different for everyone based on how much they are willing to pay for an extended warranty. Let's use AP as an example again. AP has very expensive service costs and have been known to have issues more frequently than Rolex. AP recently increased their warranty to 5 years for all watches dated January 2017 and later (previously 3 years).

Watch "A" is a 2016 watch with 2 years warranty left. Watch "B" is a 2017 watch with 5 years warranty left. How much $$$ extra are you willing to pay for 3 extra years of warranty on an AP? To me that value is around $500-$1000 and I am seeing that in recent price trends. AP watches with 5 year warranties are retaining more value on the pre owned market.