Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lets not mislead anyone

Quote Originally Posted by danktrees View Post
    is this accurate? I read the memo that was sent out when they switched over to the 5 year warranty and they did mention 10 year service intervals but I don't think they meant that as the new recommended service interval. they worded it weird but i think they were just saying that based on their experience, people tend to bring watches in for service every 10 years, not that rolex is saying you should go 10 years between servicing. nowhere in the booklet does it mention 10 year service intervals too and the memo, whether weirdly worded or not, is not supposed to be public knowledge either. I think if you ask rolex, they typically recommend a service roughly every 5 years so i don't think it's their position that watches should go 10 years between servicing.
    No the 10 year interval is not what Rolex recommends - as noted that was an observation, not a recommendation.

Based on what I know, the extension of warranties to 5 years is causing them additional expenses and difficulties, so them recommending a 10 year service interval isn't real.

Cheers, Al

My 1 year warranty covers service!!

Quote Originally Posted by watchking123 View Post
    My 1 year warranty covers service!!
    Only if the watch has an issue? Or are you saying that if on day 364 someone who buys a watch from you that is running perfectly fine but wants the watch serviced, youíll pay for it?

If itís #2 thatís a huge selling feature.

Quote Originally Posted by cstone28 View Post
    Only if the watch has an issue? Or are you saying that if on day 364 someone who buys a watch from you that is running perfectly fine but wants the watch serviced, you’ll pay for it?

If it’s #2 that’s a huge selling feature.
    Is watchking a legit business? Watchking should list their warranty terms and conditions for all to see. Does watchking have a website? DSW watchking is not

Only if the watch has an issue? Or are you saying that if on day 364 someone who buys a watch from you that is running perfectly fine but wants the watch serviced, you’ll pay for it?

If it’s #2 that’s a huge selling feature.
    Im pretty sure watchking would go radio silent if you tried to contact them for a FREE service

lmfao

Only if the watch has an issue? Or are you saying that if on day 364 someone who buys a watch from you that is running perfectly fine but wants the watch serviced, youíll pay for it?

If itís #2 thatís a huge selling feature.
    Sorry I was just looking for clarification. Not trying to feed ... .....

Sorry I was just looking for clarification. Not trying to feed ... .....
    Your looking from clarification from a seller named watchking on a warranty

I have a universal coat hanger to sell you if you want one

Only if the watch has an issue I will service it np!

No reason for a watch to be serviced if it doesn’t need it

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Your looking from clarification from a seller named watchking on a warranty

I have a universal coat hanger to sell you if you want one
    I didnít think we were allowed to have multiple accounts with different user names?

And if you donít have multiple accounts why are you answering a question that was directed at watchking? You have no flippin idea what watchking offers or doesnít offer.

What does watchkings name have to do with anything. Yours is a fictional 80s blind Ninja from a comic book, does that add more credibility to you than a play on words like theirs does.

One last piece of advice. Itís better to sit quietly and be thought an idiot than open your mouth and prove it.