Thread: Another experience with Caribbean cruise

Another experience with Caribbean cruise

Hi guys,

I want to share my experience from my cruise about watches. To start there was an general watch store with brands Tag Heuer, Federique Constant, Longines, tissot, citizen, invicta and pre owned Rolex. Upper levels had Bvlgari, Omega and Hublot boutiques. EVERYTHING was overpriced. Looked at some used Rolex and the prices was almost same as new. No sport models available. Everything else also overpriced. The sales people are very nice and I had great conversations with them. So I didnít buy anything from the ship. I did end up buying a tissot from Mexico to remember the trip. You can bargain hard once your out of the ship. The ship had watch seminars to educate people about watches which I really enjoyed. There was ďdesigner watch salesĒ on the main floors which had Michael Kors, citizen, invicta and some tag heuers. The sale was overpriced too. Those invicta must have been like 50mm+!

What shocked me was the ship was promoting Invicta watches like crazy! Nothing against them but itís strange they donít promote higher end brands.

Lots of ppl were wearing Rolex which I regret not wearing mine. After this trip I realize and saw many 34mm size Rolexís. This just proves smaller watches are still in style in different countries. Everywhere I go now in Toronto many people are rocking 45mm+ watches lol. Didnít see too too many during my trip.

Hope this clears up anyone thatís looking for watches on a cruise too.

Thanks,

Ricky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only go on a cruise if i want norovirus

not to buy watches

I didnít go to just buy watches. Watches was just something on the list to check out. I did some very cool excursions with my wife too but since this is a watch forum no need for those details.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_87 View Post
    I didnít go to just buy watches. Watches was just something on the list to check out. I did some very cool excursions with my wife too but since this is a watch forum no need for those details.

Don't fees the troll... Personally I love cruises. Like you said, everything Is overpriced on the boat but I guess they get some people excited and they actually sell some stuff!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Breitling Navitimer 01
    Omega Seamaster 300mc
    Panerai 111
    Seiko Prospex Samurai Orange

They don’t care about us. 99% of the people on board haven’t got a clue about watches, and that’s who they market to.

We take a fair amount of cruises and the feeding frenzy around the $10.00 Chinese watch specials is just crazy. Put a zinc case quartz watch in a $0.50 pretty cardboard box and they sell like hotcakes. No one even notices the chronograph dials are just painted on. I really donít care except for knowing how much of that stuff ends up in landfills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    I only go on a cruise if i want norovirus

not to buy watches
    I loved this. It's now my signature!