Thread: Montre48 EBay seller, legit?

Montre48 EBay seller, legit?

Been seeing a lot of items for sale from this seller. Everything looks in far too pristine condition. They do say restored, but also they say everything is 100% original, which I find hard to believe. Does anyone have any insight on this seller? The list of watches for sale is quite spectacular but I have some serious doubts.

The obscured casebacks in many photos, the obvious photoshopping, some caseback engravings look aftermarket and everything looks insanely polished. Found a thread about someone asking about this seller on watchuseek and no replies there - seems thereís no info on this seller anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trying to stop buying Seiko's every day! If you have a Seiko SNA413 - please sell it to me :-)

From past communications (when I was after a vintage GS), he seems legit.. just not the most transparent regarding processes, etc. with respect to the restorations. Thereís no doubt the majority of pieces are rendered virtually worthless to collectors given the repainting of dials and over polished cases. Iím an amateur though so take my input for what itís worth.

Iíve never dealt with them but every watch they list gives me the willies. I wouldnít trust the originality of any of them.
    If I saved all of the money I spent on watches I'd probably buy a watch.

I have looked at a couple of Omegas from this seller in the past, but I ended up letting them go because the photos just didn't look right. I also noticed that he's only been on eBay for less than 2 1/2 years, yet he has sold a ton of watches .... where does he get them all and who "restores" them? Personally I would pass and wait for something to come up on CWC.

I "won" an eBay auction for a 18k white gold Franck Muller Cintrex Curvee platinum rotor from Montre48 in November of last year. I bid on it because they seemed legit and because they were in Canada. Immediately after I paid, the seller contacted me with a story that the watch would be shipped from his son in Los Angeles who does cleaning and appraisals for him (as it was a pre-owned piece). When the watch arrived it looked and felt legit and heavy enough to be real gold, but when I tested the case with a PMI gun (XRF), it tested at over 80% tungsten with 0% gold. I didn't even bother to open the case to check out the movement and immediately returned the watch and got my money back.

I would tell you to beware of purchasing anything from Montre48.

Wow thatís amazing - glad you thought to test it for real gold. I really did think the guy looked like a fraudster. eBay should take him down if heís selling watches and claiming theyíre 18k gold cases but in reality there is no gold content. Thatís bad stuff.

Yeah 2.5 Years and that much inventory, that is sketch to the max. Well I think we figured this one out.

Montre48 = thumbs down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trying to stop buying Seiko's every day! If you have a Seiko SNA413 - please sell it to me :-)

Jeez CanRolexGuy happy you got your money back.

I have always been puzzled by his auctions. The watches look too good to be true, lots of polishing and Photoshop, and now I learned he sells fake stuff. But still he gets a kazillion bids on each of his listing. Ebay success is really about uneducated buyers, it seems.

I've always wondered about this seller too, especially with 1199 positive feedback and only 1 neutral.