Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Parcel Pro.... Great news for all members of CWC !!!

Administrator

Parcel Pro.... Great news for all members of CWC !!!

This post has been edited on March 4th, 2016.

Since I have been getting pm's and emails daily about members wishing info on how to sign up, I think it will be easier on me to post it here for all to see...

Go to www.parcelpro.com and select "sign up".

Under "Affiliation", select Canadian Watch Collector Forum. You will then receive our group discounted rate for Fedex. (Rates are posted and billed in US$, and include the insurance for the amount requested. The rate will be FAR lower than your current fedex rate, even factoring in the exchange rate, and you will for the first time have proper insurance for your high value package.)

Yes, PP is aware that you are a collector and not a business, and they will still welcome your business. Fill out all lines to the best of your ability.

You will not need business references if you are using your credit card for billing. Put in a close friend if you like. Please do not put my name in as your reference.

Follow up with a phone call at 888.683.2300 and ask for Todd. He will guide you through the final steps.

Make sure to follow all instructions vis a vis packaging and labelling.

Cheers.

Update - 2017-04-14 - from ve3fxy:

Here is the updated list of Parcel Pro reps who can be contacted regarding applications from and matters concerning our group. Presumably the first rep listed also handles Québec and the Maritimes.

Ontario East: Correa, Luis lcorrea1@ups.com

Ontario West: Brown, Rob (MZF4NGW) robbrown@ups.com

Western Canada: Ciglenecki, Martin (HWC7LNS) mciglenecki@ups.com
    Last edited by canwatchco; 14-04-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
    Albert Einstein

I have Parcel Pro account and I have to say that the rates are very competitive, as Bobby said and it gives me that piece of mind knowing that the package is actually insured versus wasting money on buying insurance from the shipping company directly. Watches (and jewelry) are only covered up to 500 bucks if you buy your insurance over the counter. Not many people know that.

Parcel Pro gives you full insurance.

You only need to lose your pants once on a lost package and you recoup the insurance cost for your lifetime worth of trading...

Makes total sense and this is a great initiative Bobby.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. "

Great Idea. PM me the details.
    Current

Omega Speedmaster 3570
    Rolex Explorer 1 (lume dial)
    El Primero Original 1969
    Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic
    Timex Sport Luxury
    5 Vintage Swatches

Great idea!
    Typical carrier insurance is maxed at $500 for watches but Canada Post for example is more than willing to let you buy more than that. The $500 max is in their super fine print.

I'd like the info please Bobby.

Canada Post only pays out up to $500 but will sell more than $500 worth of insurance? How is that legal? Just yesterday I shipped a package and insured it for significantly more than $500. Bloody scammers!

I'd love to sign up for the Parcel Pro deal. I'll send my info in a PM.

Jay

I just checked Canada Post's website and it says that coverage is available up to $5000, but I can't find any indications of limitations on pay outs. Does anyone have a link?

I found this on the Canada Post website https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/t...t-e.pdf#page=7:

b) The maximum amount payable by Canada Post is:
    i $500 for shipments containing:
    • coins
    • jewellery
    • manufactured and non-manufactured precious stones and metals; or
    • cancelled or uncancelled postage stamps.

Are watches jewellery?

Sorry to thread jack... all the more reason to use Parcel Pro!

Yes, for sure they would be considered jewelry. Especially if they had to make a payout.

Great idea Bobby. Just shipped an IWC out west for $100 and there was no insurance! (or $500 or whatever).

PM with details needed. Thanks again.