Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Parcel Pro.... Great news for all members of CWC !!!

This is an amazing service. So glad I found this forum!! I sent a PM. Canada Post - bye bye!

Sending a PM too.

Signed up under Canwatchco with the assistance of Todd, and was able to complete my first Parcel Pro transaction same day.

Great service all the way around.

Thank you Bobby and Parcel Pro.

Joe G.

I too signed up last week and have used it for a couple transactions within Canada.

One thing I noticed with shipments within Canada is that I do not see a "signature required" check box when creating the shipment ( going to a residential address). I then have the check the "residential delivery waiver" at the end.

I asked about this to pp customer service, they said shipments within Canada ( to a residential address) are signature required by default .

I just found out that customer service were wrong. I just had a package delivered in Ottawa. Fedex dropped it off at the front door and walked away.

There was someone at home, so it went well.

Other parcel pro users, please let me know your thoughts.

Administrator
    The problem is that driver's have the discretionary right to drop off a package that has the minimal value attached to it.

I always write "SIGNATURE REQUIRED" in big black bold letters right above the label. Fedex can also supply you with special labels indicating the same thing.

Since starting that I have not had one package left at the door with no signature.

****NOTE... members may now sign up online! Simply select "Canadian Watch Collector Forum" from the dropdown menu if the member affiliation box at the beginning of the application form.*****
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
    Albert Einstein

I tried today, but it forces you to provide "Business References". What is everyone putting in that section?

John

Quote Originally Posted by johneh View Post
    I tried today, but it forces you to provide "Business References". What is everyone putting in that section?

John
    You can put down the name and phone number ( with their permission , of course) from a few forum members with whom you have dealt before.

Quote Originally Posted by Emale View Post
    You can put down the name and phone number ( with their permission , of course) from a few forum members with whom you have dealt before.
    From this forum or other watch forums ? I haven't done business with anyone from here.

If I'm just shipping a watch once, how do I keep it fully insured if it's several thousand dollars? Is there a certain courier I can use, or a third party insurance company I can use? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by alljay View Post
    I found this on the Canada Post website https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/t...t-e.pdf#page=7:

b) The maximum amount payable by Canada Post is:
    i $500 for shipments containing:
    • coins
    • jewellery
    • manufactured and non-manufactured precious stones and metals; or
    • cancelled or uncancelled postage stamps.

Are watches jewellery?

Sorry to thread jack... all the more reason to use Parcel Pro!
    Quote Originally Posted by alljay View Post
    I just checked Canada Post's website and it says that coverage is available up to $5000, but I can't find any indications of limitations on pay outs. Does anyone have a link?
    Once they told me I believe that the limit applies only to watches which contain precious metal. Not sure if $500 is for stainless steel watch.

Anyways, Im always more worried by declaring the contents and value of [a watch], regardless if it's coming to or going from me. So far, I've never had a bad experience, of course it's better to be safe then sorry- I always believed that it's more risky to designate the contents then to just ship out an average joe type package. The typical non-watch trading human can never grasp that people are willing to send thousands of dollars to "strangers" and risk sending such items in the mail!

Then you have insurers who will always try to find loopholes to avoid paying any claim (I have no experience with Parcel Pro or firsthand losses).

I think with insurance you better be careful to ensure you meet each and all criteria the insurer demands of you (the customer).

My greater worry is always to receive an empty box or a rock (which was delivered, therefore, probably not covered by the insurer) then losing the item in the mail itself.
    it's never too late to be what you might have been.