Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make Buy Sell Trade visible to public

Sophomore Member

Question Make Buy Sell Trade visible to public

I just sold a watch to a local person who made a comment about how hidden/restrictive viewing what is for sale on this forum is, compared to everywhere else.
    As far as I can tell, most forums let you view their sales section without having to log in. (TRF, Watchuseek etc.)
    It would increase visibility of what is for sale, and increase traffic to the forum (google and watchrecon could crawl it).

What do you think?

Those very things are what would further expose members here to the inherent risks of fraudsters or riddle the forum with kijiji type Google searchers.....you'd get constant " What's your best price" nonsense here from anonymous lurkers or resellers. If one can't be bothered to login, share something about themselves and perhaps have some accountability then CWC is no more than Kijiji exclusively for watches....and I for one was thrilled to find it's a great community of guys that genuinely look out for the integrity of the forum and its members alike.

Sophomore Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocian View Post
    Those very things are what would further expose members here to the inherent risks of fraudsters or riddle the forum with kijiji type Google searchers.....you'd get constant " What's your best price" nonsense here from anonymous lurkers or resellers. If one can't be bothered to login, share something about themselves and perhaps have some accountability then CWC is no more than Kijiji exclusively for watches....and I for one was thrilled to find it's a great community of guys that genuinely look out for the integrity of the forum and its members alike.
    Can't follow your fear mongering... sorry. Nothing is stopping anyone from registering a brand new account and low-balling/scamming people right now.

Example: The person who I sold my watch to had exactly 0 posts or info about them, and they were able to PM me. (Transaction went flawless.)

My point is, every other forum (much larger than this) doesn't do this... so why does this one?! I think it's just hurting this community by limiting the number of people who can find what we have for sale, or who want to sell something.

No no no no no.
    Just no.

You got lucky.
    Risk vs. Reward.

Itís not there.
    Want public access - use kijijijijijiji/other forums

Simply no! If I want a wider exposure to sell a watch, which I feel won't get much interest here then I'll post to eBay or another venue.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Freshman Member
    So simple, if you think there's too much fear mongering here, then go buy/sell your watches on the other forums.
    The point here is that this is a tight local to Canada community.

Quote Originally Posted by onefishtaco View Post
    Can't follow your fear mongering... sorry. Nothing is stopping anyone from registering a brand new account and low-balling/scamming people right now.

Example: The person who I sold my watch to had exactly 0 posts or info about them, and they were able to PM me. (Transaction went flawless.)

My point is, every other forum (much larger than this) doesn't do this... so why does this one?! I think it's just hurting this community by limiting the number of people who can find what we have for sale, or who want to sell something.
    I think you'll find my " fear mongering" echoed by many on the forum, particularly anyone who's been jerked around on other, yes, much larger platforms....this forum is about more than flipping watches to many here. Like you said you've got those other forums open to you, list away. And the one 0 post transaction that went great....chances are were because the member that joined was reffered by an existing member, or researched a little.... I would suggest Ebay. You've got a huge market...just careful with those PayPal payments from Nigeria.

Agree with Bocian and the rest , Onefishtaco. You'll be opening a ton of worms and all those creepy things that crawl on this earth .As von Gluber said, you just got lucky with that one transaction.
    6.5" left wrist

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocian View Post
    I totally agree, there is no reason to change the status quo unless you want to duplicate the kijiji experience which we all dislike

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onefishtaco View Post
    Nothing is stopping anyone from registering a brand new account and low-balling/scamming people right now.

Pretty sure you're wrong about this - I think Bobby/admins vet new members.

And I'll add to the chorus... I think a slightly more "closed" sales community here is appreciated - there are lots of open to the public sales venues already - you are welcome to them all.

Edit to note: this is a watch forum with a sales section - not the other way around. I find people who whine about sales stuff are usually only here for that reason. Maybe that's why nobody listens to them...
    Last edited by hidden by leaves; 03-04-2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo